We no longer live on the same planet as our ancestors: theirs was immense, ours is small.
"Bertrand de Jouvenel"
This is what we have implemented :
Natural resources management
- Low energy bulbs everywhere on the site
- Solar lights
- Lighting coupled with a presence sensor
- Water saving and timer on the taps
- Solar hot water in the 3 sanitary facilities
- Rain water collection Local suppliers (as far as possible)
- Free hire of electric bikes
Green areas management
- "Smart watering" on the hedges and young plants (in the morning and in the evening)
- No chemicals, organic fertilizer only if needed
- Selection of Mediterranean vegetation which does not need much water and treatments
- The residues of tree- trimming are crushed to be recycled with the compost
- Delivery of pre-collection bags to motivate the selective sorting of waste
- Implementation of a sorting station at the entrance of the site
- Installation of a composter for organic waste
- Non-recyclable waste is dropped off at a waste collection center
- Recycling of used batteries
Only a few minutes from the campsite, visit the "sensitive natural area" of Belle-Ile.
Credits Photos ©HOCQUEL A./ ABRY H. / BISET V. / ZIMMERMANN JL. / LEROY R. / MAISONNAVE S. - Vaucluse Provence Attractivité